Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cupcake Bread Pudding

I don't know what it is about left over cupcakes that makes me feel guilty about eating them. During the event in which they were prepared for, I have no problem eating two, maybe even three of them. But the day after I just don't look at them the same way...they need to be transformed. Besides a half dozen leftover cupcakes, on hand I have eggs, butter, chocolate Almond Milk and Caramel Bailey's. What was more obvious other than to make Cupcake Bread Pudding??


1. Start by removing the frosting (you can save it for pancake topping to use in your coffee in place of creamer). Cut the 6 cupcakes into 1 inch cubes and place in the bottom of a buttered 5 x 5 baking dish.


2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup Baileys or other creamy liquor, 3/4 chocolate almond milk (of course you can use regular milk or regular chocolate milk), 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3. Pour the mixture over the cupcakes and place in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes. Serve warm. 



And let me tell you one more thing, I don't feel guilty eating this at all... 

1 comment:

  1. This was delicious and I know I didn't feel guilty about eating these at all!

    ReplyDelete